During the second half of the 19th century, the Russian Orthodox Church actively expanded its missionary efforts in Siberia and established several missions in the region. The brief work in three parts presented here provides a history and overview of Russian Orthodox missionary work in the Altai (or Altay) Territory of Siberia. The first section begins with the establishment of the Altai mission by Makarii (born Mikhail Yakovlevich Glukharev, 1792-1847) and describes the efforts of the missionaries to convert the native people living in the areas east of Lake Baikal. The second section of the book focuses on the natural beauty of Godʼs creation in the Altai region. The third section describes in more detail the life and work of Makarii and his successors. This booklet is preserved in the collections of the National Library of Russia in Saint Petersburg. It was digitized for the Meeting of Frontiers digital library project in the early 2000s. World Digital Library.